From:
"Mark A. Bialik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 1995 01:33:40 -0500
Greetings all:

I've been a lurker for a few weeks and thought it was about time to write
my introduction.  I purchased my first ferret (Brandi/sable female) about
1 month ago.  Yes she's a MF ferret,and I'm happy with it (but more on
that later).  I just added Brianna (silver mit female) a few days ago
(another MF ferret).  Brandi is 11 weeks, Brianna 6 weeks.

My first concern is that Brandi had run of the house and cage alone for a
month.  I decided I should get her a little sister to keep her company
while I'm away at work.  Now I know ferrets play rough, but Brandi bites
Brianna on the neck and drags her all over the room.  I hate to wake up
in the middle of the night to a screaming baby ferret.  Should I have
seperated them until Brianna grew a little larger?  I thought that be
adding another female there would not be as big a problem.

Secondly, a word of thanks to Dr. Williams and the other list vets.
While I haven't dealt with any of you individually, you have answered
many of our questions in a timely and professional manner (and on your
own time, I'm sure)  ;)  It's great to have such caring professionals
like you around.  Kudos.

Thirdly, I support James Makowski in his pro-MF ravings.  Both of my
girls are MF, and I won't hesitate to add a third.  If someone thinks
they are getting a better ferret because it is not a MF, I challenge them
to come up with solid empirical evidence supporting the claim.

There's my $.02 worth (I don't use Pentium)  :)

Mark
--
 FidoNet: 1:154/442 (Night Shift BBS)                MajorBBS: industry@PIN
InterNet: [log in to unmask]                      NetAccess: industry@5