From:
Anne Willingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 16:35:56 -0600
Some lady on another message board that I play on posted a warning that
gerbils, hamsters and FERRETS carry salmonella and that you shouldn't
let your children play with them.  I think I just blew her head off my
rebuttal was so quick.  Oooo... I hate it when idiots spread information
without checking it first.  I did point out that ferrets were more akin
to dogs and cats and that if anything they would carry distemper or
rabies, but that most ferrets are vaccinated against these.  And that
there is a much, much lower incidence of ferret biting reports than that
of dogs or cats.  I also pointed out that quite frankly, I wouldn't let
children play with my fuzzies anyway, but it was more to protect the
fuzzies and not the little grippy fingered children.  Humphhh..  hamsters
and gerbils my foot.  At least read up before posting junk like that!!!!

signed,
Disgruntled in the Corner