From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:32:05 +0300
My ferrets' food here is a sort of gruel made from chickens bought in
the local market. Several times a month we buy live chickens for it
and make something like a thick soup.

Usually the chickens are hens, and often they have eggs-in-process in
them. All are yellow, have no shell, and appear to have no white.

The other day we got one that had hundreds of them, mostly tiny little
things, and a few that were up to the size of the end of your thumb.
You can see a photo on this part of my photobucket site.
http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/celebrateoften/Pre-eggs/
The photo shows them in the chicken cavity, so don't look if that would
bother you. It's not bloody, but it is not as neat as the insides of
a store-bought chicken. To see the tiny eggs, look on the right side.
It's a sort of chicken caviar.

Of course these pre-eggs are cooked and ground up when the soup is
made. Do you see any problem with the ferrets getting soup from time
to time with many pre-egg fragments in it?