Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 08:22:05 -0400
I want to thank everyone who posted both on and off this list for their
suggestion of Vaseline. Please know that I thought Vaseline was a
"no-no" for ferrets, thus the reason for posting my question. I also
wish to thank Sukie for her addendum on the necessity of hairball
remedy as a regular supplement to a ferret's care as well as her
suggestion to discuss with my vet. We have another appointment on
Thursday for Gabriel's monthly blood work, so will check with my vet
on this.

Gabriel is not showing any signs of constipation and his poops look
pretty good. With all Gabriel's issues, we go very slowly with
introducing any new meds or supplements for fear that we will "upset
the apple cart". It has been 6 months since his heart condition was
discovered (during a routine check up) and I'm grateful for everyday
that he is with me. He has proven to be a lot stronger than I thought.
His sweet and trusting nature is truly a blessing.

Phyllis Spy
President, MaFF