From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:04:29 -0700
The Ohio Rescue and all our little (okay, not so little) charges that
we cared for have been on my mind for the last week or two. As I read
some of the posts Saturday and today, I found myself filled with many
emotions.

I was already scheduled to visit the Lakeroad Ferret Farm and found it
to be my savior today. You see, while there are many special ferrets at
Brenda's there were only four who could help me balance my emotions -
the Category Four Crew dropped off by Renee Downs on her return trip
home. These four DMK kids were part of the resurrender Cindy Scheidt
had taken into her home. We had a connection - we shared a very
stressful, emotional, exciting, fun and tiring time in a little town in
Southern Ohio. It was a significant event in my life and something I
would jump into all over again with as much coniction as I did last
September.

Talk about the best medicine. Forewarned of potential biting, what came
from the cage were four very loving ferrets that seemed to know that I
needed them today as much as they needed all of us throughout the days
of this rescue. Big Boy settled himself around my neck and scratched in
my hair, Little Foot settled into my arms and the girls -- well they
didn't ever really settle down. But between the four, my tears were
licked from my face, I received several kisses, my ears were preened
and well, I was generally well cared for! They touched my soul long ago
and they were there to touch my soul again today when I needed them.

To all those who helped with this rescue, or any rescue, blessings to
you. To all the DMK kids everywhere, may your life be better than it
was.

To all of you who do this 24/7 you have my endless respect.

Sincerely,

Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3