Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:56:51 -0500
Hello all from The Land of Enchantment.

First and foremost - my condolences to all who have fuzzies leave for
the Bridge, and my prayers for all the "sick" fuzzlet out here. I have
yet another sick fuzzy. this time it is Theo. Wow - is it just me or
are our little boys more subject to these horrible disease than our
little girls? Just as we get Mojo "almost" set up and back on the road
to recovery - then another one takes a nose dive! Theopolis, over the
course of one weekend became lethargic, and much to my horror - I
WATCHED the body fat just "disolve" off of him. He crashed, and he
crashed HARD! His symptoms started a week ago, Friday, with lethargy,
not eating right, still drinking, but minimal. On Saturday, I began the
duck soup regime with him (Yes, I am one of the weird ones who keeps it
in my freezer for just such emergencies - Thank God) - and was force
feeding by Monday morning. We rushed him into Doc Levinson who drew
blood and discovered his sugar was at 42!!! For those of you who don't
know - that is pretty dang low. We left him w/Doc during the day. They
force fed him duck soup as well as some delicious canned food. I
requested he put a dose of pred on board, and do sub-Q fluids. They
kept thru Theo for the day - and by days end, he was perking up just a
wee bit. We left with that favorite diagnosis: Insuloma. What I am so
perplexed about is - why is the boys seem to get this more than the
girls? I mean, I don't want ANY fuzzy to go thru this - but it would
appear that my boys seem to get "the stuff" and the girls don't
(thankfully). Now here is where I sound stupid. Sukie, I bet you could
help me here. Is it a proven fact that with Adrenal disease, and
insuloma - is it more prevalent in the boys than the girls? I am so
mad - because Marshalls knows damn well what is going on with these
kids - yet they continue to "mass" produce these kits - to sell in
stores, to unsuspecting people. What do they care? They don't have to
deal with the massive medical costs, nor do they have to deal directly
with the broken hearts of the hoomans, who become so attached to these
kids. I haven't seen one thing that proves that they are studying and
trying to correct this - and/or waiting longer to have the kits
sterilized. I've heard that early sterilization can be one of the
reasons these kids have such a high occurrences of these illnesses.
Yet - they continue to do the sterilizations - so that they can mass
ship, mass sell, and mass make money for themselves. I am so sick to
death of these institutions and yes, I just called them an
"institution" - because that is all they are to me. What is it that us
"laypeople" can do, besides pound them with letters, proof - pictures,
etc - before these mass breeders stop and listen to us? Sure - we can
all "stop buying, adopting,etc" these kids - but then what happens to
them? Mass euthanization? I'm sorry - just venting here. I am so tired
of taking these already broken and abandoned kids (all mine are
rescues, who were abused) getting them put back together mentally, and
physically for a little while, just to have them die on me - because of
these hideous diseases.

On a side note, MoJoMan - is still pluggin along. He continues to
sprout hair - in the most amazing places - yet no "massive" hair
regrowth. He looks like a little 'patch' doll. Here a patch, there a
patch - everywhere a patch, patch. His tummy has regrown "fine long
baby fuzz", yet no real "fur" regrowth there yet. I am still hopeful.
If it doesn't occur soon - back to Doc we go for perhaps more melatonin
implants. Most of you already know he has been thru Lupron 3 times,
Melatonin - several times, and we even tried the experimental
"Deslorin" implants. None worked until we did a 1 1/2 melatonin
implant - which has resulted in him gaining weight - now he is just
a naked FAT ferret.....lol.

Well - if anyone has any good ideas on how to reach out and "touch"
these idiots at the "Marshall Farm's" of the world, please pass it
along to me. I am one of those people who can't keep their mouth shut,
and would love to be come some sort of "advocate" for our kids. It has
to be SMASHED into the heads of these mass breeders - so that they will
STOP mass production and LOOK for signs, cures, whatever it takes to
make these kids whole and NORMAL again. I know that someday they may
open their eyes - but it takes people like US to keep pounding into
their heads, that all they are doing is creating a world of ferrets,
who will die in pain, so that they can make a buck........thanks for
listening everyone and please keep MoJo and Theo in your prayers, as
all your fuzzies are all in mine, every night.

Many Ferret Blessings,

Kim and Her Army of Idiots, from The Land of Enchantment