From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 19:38:13 -0800
>2. I have been telling people who might want ferrets (as many do, after
>seeing Dors an Seldon when I walk them in the park each weekend and
>discuss them with people), that they should consider FOSTERING a ferret
>for a time with such an agreement from a ferret shelter.

I have mixed emotions about this.  I usually have 20-25 shelter ferrets at
any one time and I am always looking for foster homes.  However, the ferrets
I need help with are the ones needing temporary medical attention or the
nipper/biters who need one on one attention or the shy ones who are afraid
of other ferrets.  All of these situations require an *experienced* ferret
person to look after them.  Although it's true that the ferrets remaining at
the shelter do not get the one on one attention they deserve, if they are
not at the shelter they are not considered for adoption when someone comes
looking.

On the other hand, I am interested too in what others think about this, as
it might be a way to find more homes, if the people "fostering" end up
adopting.

Sandi Ackerman
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
Seattle, WA