From:
"Reed, Melinda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:38:01 -0500
I would like to thank everyone who responded to me regarding my ferret
Cocoa.  I believe Cocoa had a cold as he is now almost 100% back to his
normal ornery self and he is not making his weird throat sound that often.
I guess I may have had my first ferret with a cold.  I also listened very
carefully with my stethoscope to his lungs and heart.  That is the funniest
sound.  Their little hearts with beat real fast and then slow down and then
beat fast again.  If my regular vet had been in over Thanksgiving I would
have taken Cocoa there ASAP, but, I tried to take care of him first.  There
is an emergency clinic in my area and I would take him there if things had
gotten worse.  Thanks to all (tle, Sukie, and Rachalle) for your help!

One a very happier note - - - someone I work with wanted a ferret for her
son for Christmas.  Recently the pet store at the mall had two grown silver
mitts that were really adorable.  I hate to see this because my heart just
breaks knowing they are in a small cage and no one wants them.  They were so
sweet with me and the one guy would stand on his hind legs and look at me.
Anyway, the person I work with bought the ferret for her son.  I have been
educating her on ferret care and I feel so good that this sweet guy has a
good home.  I have placed two unwanted fuzzies in the last couple months.  I
feel that is good for our ferret community.  I also offered sitting for her
if she needs to go out of town.  I have become a sort-of person who places
ferrets without a shelter?  By the way, I always try to get someone to look
into going out of state to a shelter before buying from the petstore but I
know that is impossible for some.

My heart feels good and I wanted to share with my FML family.

Mindy

Whiskers (I am sooooo fat this winter)
Tiny (Do you need your ears cleaned?)
Cocoa (It is so good to be feeling better)
Tigger (Can I please have the coffee cup?)