Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 15:34:38 EST
To Julie Paul:

    Julie - don't worry about the second opinion.  The difference between
benign and malignant adrenocortical tumors is not very much in the ferret.
Wehave found, while reviewing numerous adrenal cortical cases (about 100),
that the possibility of metastasis is less than 5%.  Provided they are
removed early enough, there is very little difference in prognosis.  I
have removed two malignant adrnocortical tumors from my ferrets, and both
are still doing great....

Concerning getting her to eat - try a small amount of Gerber's chicken baby
food in the blue jar - at room temperature or a little higher.  Works great
in my house, although you may have to stick in in her mouth the first
couple of times.  Also, sick ferrets love to be hand fed.  Don't be afraid
to pick up the food and hand feed her, a little bit at a time - now is the
time she needs extra calories....try to hand feed every hour or so....

  Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
  [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
  OR [log in to unmask]           Washington, D.C.  20306-6000
       (202) 782-2600/2602