From:
Rachel Helgason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:00:47 EDT
We just got our second ferret - a beautiful dark dark sable, possibly a
chocolate..  I'm not good at the colors.  She's 8 weeks old, from Marshall
Farms, and we named her Morgaine (or Morgan).  We got her as a companion
for our baby Accolon, a 7 month old sable Marshall Farms ferret.  I've read
the Ferret FAQ on introducing a new ferret, but I'm still a bit unsure.
Since Accolon is so much bigger than Morgan, when we first introduced them,
he climbed on top of her and tried to follow her around the room like that.
It wasn't quite humping behavior, but a bit similar.  He also bites her
neck and licks her ears and face.  This doesn't sound that bad, but he also
hisses at her.  From what I know, hissing isn't a friendly sound.  Is this
normal for ferrets that get along, or is it normal disliking behavior?  So,
any ideas that aren't in the FAQ, or are but you think are absolutely the
best?

Feel free to post to the list or mail me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance,
Rachel