From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:30:31 EDT
>Date:    Fri, 7 Aug 1998 06:03:24 -0700
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Epizootic Catarrhal Enteritis or ECE or Green Slime
>What are we doing different?   Why are we immune to this malady?
>
>I think the answer is, among other things, LUMPS, our home-made, economical
>ferret soup, a soup that is not a medical curative for use AFTER the ferret
>gets sick, but rather a daily ration that is a permanent part of the healthy
>ferret's diet.  It delivers a constantly replenished flora of beneficial
>gut bacteria daily and its vegetative matter scours the hindgut to produce
>ferret shit like little cigars, the likes of which you've never seen in
>your life.

>Date:    Sun, 9 Aug 1998 18:56:14 -0700
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Du bist was du isst. [G.] U R what U Eat.
>Nor has FNW ever been "blessed" with the "greenies" that within a few days
>was not cleared up, stopped, and the feces returned to normal (little
>cigars).

Mr. Lipinksi,

In one post you categorically deny ever having any appearance of the
"greenies" and yet in the second post, you claim never to have had an
occurance of the "greenies" that was not cleared up within a few days.

Just an observation, only one of the statements can be true.

And now, as for the rest of your tirade:

One of the great things about the FML is the opportunity for ferret fanciers
to share their experiences and their own methods of care.  Any mature,
rational person who takes the time to read the FML on a regular basis can
easily see that there is no one single "right" method of providing
responsible care for our ferret wards.  What works for one or even some,
may not be appropriate for another.  Polite disagreement is healthy and
even a good thing.  It provides the mature and rational people with an
opportunity to question their own methods of providing care for their
ferrets.  The one common denominator from the posts by the majority is the
agreement that their methods do no harm and provide a benefit for the
ferrets in their care.

Just because some people choose or prefer not to follow your choice of
feeding your "LUMPS" mixture, does not automatically classify them as "lazy
bums.  That comment was rude, boorish, and ignorant.  It is something for
which you and your supporters should be ashamed, and it certainly had no
place being directed at anyone on the FML.

One last thing, not directly ferret related, but since you constantly choose
to use "German" in your posts, I figure it might as well be addressed here

In German, the familiar "du" is used only with close friends, the more
formal "Sie" would be a more appropriate form of address.  Additionally,
the German word for "to eat" is "essen."  However, it would be inappropriate
to use any form of "essen" in conjunction with a ferret.  The appropriate
German word for "to eat" with regard to animals -- even beloved ones -- is
"fressen."  There are many who might think that the unwillingness to check
a German/English language dictionary for the correct word usage could be
considered laziness or even a sign of general ignorance.  But, I would hope
they would have the good manners not to say so directly, since name calling
is childish and rude.

Scott and the Mustilid Mob