From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:46:01 -0800
Dear All,
I haven't posted in awhile, but because i was either working, tired, or
just didn't want to send another sob story.  I want to tell you this
though, this world is very sad, the first week i was looking for
Epimetheus, i came upon some teenage boys playing catch with a football
in the park where (we) thought he was spotted, asked them if they had
seen him, and the reply was "if we did.  What should we do with him, pin
him to the Firepole?".  I had been putting posters up that week on poles,
trees, and in doors.  It was a cruel, sick remark, one that i will never
forget.

Another call i received, i am beginning to believe was also putting me on
the end of a sick, cruel joke.  I received a message on my phone, about
poss find of Eppy, left an address, that i could stop by, well..i have
caller id, my daughter drove to the address, no answer, we both tried
again, no answer, meanwhile there were boys playing in the street, in the
same vicinity, this was occuring.  I finally kept calling the phone number
on my caller id, to see if i could talk to the boy, and got a mother
instead.  She informed me that i had the wrong address, "her house
directly across the street, from the one given me by the boy who called?"
It took me a while to realize just what may be occurring, that they were
just playing a prank, but.  A very sad one just the same.  After some
thought, i just wondered why the boy couldn't remember his own home
address, and then it began to dawn on me...it was just a
sick/disgusting/cruel joke, and they were probably the boys playing in
the street, watching it play itself out.  How sad and cruel some of us,
raise our children to become.  NO respect for life, human nor animal.

My little one ferret vaudeville act, is still missing.  His mommy is still
full of heartache, and i will never give up hope of finding him someday.
Who knows?  My life just has one hole in it, that the tears will seep
through now and then.  If i get some good news someday, i will share with
everyone, till then, i guess, i will just keep to myself.  If you wish to
write me @ my email address, i will most assuredly answer all responses.
Every now and then, just say a little prayer and include him in it, my
sincerest regards to anyone who has lost a beloved ferret in this manner,
you just don't know the hell one goes through, till it really happens to
you, and it never really ends.  This is something i wouldn't wish on
anyone, human or companion.

Sincerely
Eppy's lost mommy, Donna