From:
Lynda Galloway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:15:00 -0400
Yep, even in Canada.  Fortunately I didn't have to leave my a/c apt.
except to shop for supplies!  But this means No Walkies...for quite
awhile now.

I spent most of my workday making "shreddies" in the paper shredder on
Friday and filling garbage bags.  I found this great big box and thought,
"this will work!"  Well, Toby jumped in and went to the bottom and didn't
seem to be having much fun down there.  I took his pool (basin with floaty
toys) out of the bathtub, wiped the tub out with a towel and poured all
the shreddies in the bathtub.  We played for hours.  You can break up
little treats and it takes awhile to find them, you can toss in a few
favorite toys and wrestling in the shreddies is the Best!!

The bathtub is one of our best toys.  It is where we have ice cube play,
snorkling and ball chasing!  Of course it is upsetting when I TRY to have
a bubble bath!

I do buy toys occasionally but find things like shredded paper, throwing 4
or 5 blankets, afghans, spreads in the middle of the livingroom, adding
pillows, tubes, small boxes and then joining them on the floor, the
experience lasts longer, I thoroughly enjoy myself and the their need for
smelling, tasting and exploring is satisfied.

Lynda