From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:00:01 -0700
Big meanie, big meanie.... or at least that's the message I am getting from
my ferrets :-)

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the Ferret Frolic this
Saturday in Toronto.  Not only because my kids will get to play outside
for most of the day with other ferrets and get to enter a multitude of
contests, but because my crew will finally stop calling me a "big
meanie" !!!!!

Right about now, I guess I should explain why I'm being called a "big
meanie".... For this upcoming frolic quite a few objects have been
acquired, most of them are being stored in my house (just outside of the
ferrets' run zone).  Every morning for the past week my day has started off
the same way.  An hour before I normally get up, 4 ferrets are tag teaming
to wake me up (toe biting, sitting on my face, playing tag while using me
as a home base, etc) when I finally give up and get out of bed the stampede
begins.  All 4 kids disappear in a puff of smoke and race to kitchen at
warp speed.  When I catch up, four kids are speed-bumping in the kitchen by
the back gate.  They spend the next 15 minutes alternating between staring
over the gate with longing eyes, and then giving me the "don't you love me
anymore" glare.  The objects of their attention (and my guilt) are the
frolic toys.  Such items include: a pile of 6ft long sonotubes, a couple
kiddie pools, bottles of ferretone, a large supply of raisons, bags of play
sand and plastic neon cups for them to tip over.  With this stash of
goodies, I do not blame my kids for calling me a big meanie.... but its
really hard to explain to the foursome that the toys are not meant for
them.  I have promised they can play in all the toys at the frolic, but
that does not seem to satisfy their desire for more toys.  Oh well, come
Saturday my kids will have sooooo much fun that I will finally lose the
"big meanie" title and hopefully I will be forgiven :-)

Hope to see you at the Frolic, if anyone needs directions or more details
please drop me a line.  When you see my kids at the frolic, please make
sure to tell them it's not my fault (and I'm not a big meanie) !!!!

Paige
Thunder, Hershey, Cosmo and Ghost

ps.  I did relent a bit yesterday..... I went back to Home Depot and bought
another bag of sand and a box to hold it just for my kids.  They spent 3
hours of heaven last night kicking sand out of their new dig box, but I
still got woken up an hour early this morning!