From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:32:21 EDT
Today I took Maggie to the vet.  While she hasn't thrown up any more since
Thursday night she just didn't look right to me.  Last night she was making
little coughing sounds and was wheezing.  I also found a human hair in her
poo and decided enough was enough.

She doesn't have a temp, her eyes are a little red, and she had a tender
spot in her tummy when the vet checked her.  When scruffed her skin didn't
her sub q fluids to re-hydrate her quickly.  On herlast visitto the vet
(February) Maggie weighed 830 grams, today she weighed 724.  She weighed
in between 1 and 1 1/2 pounds at Ferretstock last month so she lost what
I feel is a significant amount of weight.  She is also turning her nose up
at her Ferretone, which she normally would kill for.

I'm to call the vet back if I don't feel she's any better and come back and
then we will x-ray her to see what's going on.

I want to thank everyone who replied to my post of last week.  I got a lot
of support and some ideas to consider which was what I was looking for.
Thanks again and hug the fuzzies every chance you get.  You'll feel better
for it!

Connie, Butch, and Maggie