From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:04:34 -0400
Since everyone seems to think that "Peanut" is a good name for
Georgia's kit, I decided we should make it official.

Early last week, I emailed Dr. JoGayle Howard (who is the one who
developed the artificial insemination process and thus can be
considered Peanut's surrogate mom--or is it dad?) and Travis Livieri
suggesting that the FML raise funds for the right to name little
Peanut, with proceeds split between the Smithsonian's bff research
and Prairie Wildlife Research.

Dr. Howard responded saying she thought it was a good idea. She was
going to get in contact with Travis to work out details.

I know they are both very busy, and as soon as I hear back, I will let
everyone know how they can help name Peanut!

Thanks to Jill for thinking of such a perfect name for the little one!

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org