From:
Aj Mirani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 15:02:59 -0400
I recently adopted a beautiful ferret from the Toronto Humaine Society.
Unfortunatly they had him classified as 'stray' so they didn't have much
info on him.  This being my first ferret I am curious as to how old he is
aproximately.  He's definatly fully grown (about 56cm long and a little over
1.7Kg) As for age however, how can I tell if he's 1-2 years old as opposed
to 4-5?  Please reply to [log in to unmask]

When I first brought him home he was so weak (although I didn't realize it
till later) he could hardly walk and even when he hopped off say a 4-5cm
ledge his back legs could not support his wieght; his butt would sort of
flop onto he floor.  These days though he's doing 200% better... actually
running around now!  I even get a little dooking ever now and again :)