Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:42:43 -0400
Hi, Donna!  :->  I remember you from the soap lists!  :->

I've made liquid soap for various purposes before.  I buy an unscented
liquid soapbase from www.soapwizards.com, and I add my own ingredients.

For household cleaning, I like to add things like sweet orange essential
oil (which can make the soapbase clump or respond strangely .. be
prepared), or lavender essential oil, peppermint essential oil, tea tree
essential oil, etc.  The sweet orange essential oil is particularly helpful
for things like cutting grease and cleaning litterbox messes (where you
need some deodorizing/sanitizing properties).

For a ferret shampoo, I prefer to add milder essential oils like lavender
essential oil and/or tea tree essential oil.  I add just a BIT of each of
the above to the shampoo, with a touch of citronella essential oil.  I
rinse out the ferret VERY, VERY thoroughly before letting him/her go on
his way again, too!

You could also try adding the above essential oils to a shampoo like
Neutrogena or Ivory or Dr. Bronner's liquid soap to make a mild "ferret
shampoo", too.   Good luck!  :->

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024