From:
Rebecca Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:20:46 -0400
Hi every one!

I've been 'lurking' here for a while and have read lots of helpful
information, laughed, cried, and found the 'ferret community' is
a pretty great group of people! And that is why I'm writing now. I
volunteer for Denise's Delightful Dooker's Ferret Rescue in Auburn,
WA. If you know Denise, you know she is a humble woman that has worked
her buns off for the ferrets and the ferret community for some time.
Well, she needs some help.

DDDFR is at full capacity- 101 beautiful ferrets as of this writing.
While Washington Ferret Shelter was 'closed' (thank goodness their
doors are open once again!) we did our best to pick up the slack- 29
ferrets joined us since April, 5 of those needing medical care. We had
private surrenders, ferrets from King County Care & Control, Everett
Animal Shelter, Federal Way police department, and Bellevue Animal
Shelter. We also have a 'waiting list' for more surrenders. When it
rains, it pours!

In the mean time, there's still the rescue to be run. We need the
yearly distemper (Oh the importance of keeping those up!) and rabies
vaccinations (required by the county) for every furry in the place. We
have all these hungry mouths to feed and poop boxes needing pellets.
We have hospice ferrets needing medications. There are 5 that need
dental work asap (6 others soon) and other vet care. We have many
wonderful ferrets needing forever homes. Well...you get the idea.

We've received some donations lately from some very kind people and
appreciate their generosity but...there's just sooooo much still
needed. So I'm asking for help on behalf of DDDFR. Cash donations can
go through S.O.S. and delegated directly to DDDFR (tax deductible that
way!). We have an account with Performance Foods, should you want to
donate food- April knows the types we use. We use VCA Veterinary
Clinic in Covington, WA (253-631-8616; File #9277) should you want
to contribute directly to the huge vet bill. Of course, volunteers
are always needed! Here's the web site for more info:
http://www.washingtonferretdelights.org/

I've been long winded here, but you know how us ferret folks get!
Please.... If you can help in any way, I know 101 ferrets and their
'staff' that would be so very grateful!

Thank you very much for your time & consideration!

Rebecca (Known to Denise's Dookers as Auntie Nom Nom)