From:
Nancy Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:50:48 -0500
I keep seeing references to the New Zealand feral ferrets.  I thought that
the critters in New Zealand were not our domestic ferrets, but rather ferret
polecat crosses.  That the introduction of the (pure) domestic ferret to the
wild was attempted, but failed until polecats were added to the mix.

Am I mistaken?  Are these animals truly the same as our domestic ferrets,
or are they in fact ferret/polecat hybrids?

If they are hybrids, I think it is important to make that distinction.

-----
Nancy Stephens