From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 17:46:22 -0500
Hey There,

Well, my trip got postponed and I guess it is a good thing at this point.
Last night I was installing some mulch and watering it down.  What I didn't
know was the pipe was busted, in the wall.  Sigh.  I walked in to find
Brock boy playing in a pool of his own, aka my living room.  All the
ferrets were having fun.

It also flooding the guest room.  I have pulled the carpet out of there and
got one of my good wyfes over to help me move some of the larger living
room furniture.  The insurance company has already been in and the next
step is to decide what to put back down in the living room.

I want Pergo.  But it will be a stretch financially for me to do it right
now, so if I do, I want to make sure I will be happy with it.

Any of you all have it in your house?  And do any of you have those ferts
who repeatedly go in the same spot which doesn't happen to be in a box?  If
so, how does the floor hold up?  I had new polyurethane wood in the old
house and it did stain in places from urine.  And with my crew and the
testosterone poisoned boys running around, well, it can get kinda messy.

I thought about vinyl also.  Carpet is, unfortunately, the cheapest way to
go, but I just don't think I want to do that.  Especially with a good
friend telling me to stay here.  Phhhtttppp.  So this might be a long term
thing for me.  Maybe.  Who knows. ;-)

Any thoughts on flooring will be appreciated and frankly, at this point, a
welcome change of pace.  ahem.

On top of it all.  Ollie boy has a large abcess under his left eye.  I had
to take him in to have it lanced the other day.  It looks better, but you
can tell he doesn't feel good.  And it doesn't help that no one, right now,
is being let out.  Things are just too torn up (plus I will have to pull up
the sodden tack strips also, everything is completely and utterly soaked).

hugs to all,

Mags