Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:12:09 -0500
Dear shelter friends,

I have the most wonderful news today.  The mail brought us a wonderful
gift, a donation through the iGive (formerly eyegive) for a total of
$75.46.

This donation is the result of those who clicked through the igive page
through September 30, 1998.  While the amount does not seem grand-- it
certainly will cover the cost of many required vaccinations, or fill
several RX's for antibiotics.  It is a blessing indeed.  Thankn you for all
your support.  Our programs will continue!  I would like to remind those of
you who have not taken this opportunity to help the shelter through the
igive click through program to encourage you to consider it.  It takes only
a bit of time ( perhaps 10-12 minutes)-- and the fees are donated through
the advertisers on their pages!!!

The url to go to is: http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1890&mid=9535

In other news-

Flint & Freddie go to theirn new permanent home Weds. night.  They were a
pair of 2 year olds that had been abused by the female in their first home.
 We are so very happy for them.

Witty has been diagnoosed with lympohosarcoma-- and though he must remain
on medications, we are awaiting a pre placement appt.  He may indeed have a
hospice mom to go home with!

A bit sadder is the report on hospice ferret "Troubles" he is failing
rapidly from his right adrenal, which is complicated by other conditions.
Troubles arrived at the shelter in 1995 with a severly fractured kleg, he
had been either spped on, or thrown against a wall the vet stated-- adn
tehn dropped off in a NH woods-- he was found trying to scrape leftovers
out of a dogs dish... he required traction prior to surgery-- then his
legged was pinned-- he also had 3 botfly larvae under the skin removed 39
engorged ticks etc.  It was a miracle he had the blood to survive-- evenm
the vet was astounded.  He has lived some happy years -- had a first
adrenal surgery about a year ago-- then recurring bladder infections-- we
are staying close to him-- as his time begins to fade...

Munchkin is holding on with hger kidney condition-- the suppliments seem to
be doing well by her.  Missy & Lulu are doing well, and all the others--
too numerous to name!  We are thankful that our younger ferrets are finding
homes... and hope that other sister shelters will see the same this year.

Thanks again to those who have helped-- we will work hard to continue our
services to the ferret.

Fondly in ferrets,
alicia

for the many faces of ferretwise