From:
Denise Coldeway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 11:25:00 -0500
Hi all!

Chris, let me begin by apologizing for my screwed up mailer heading.  I had
quit submitting articles because of your previous request that I get it
fixed (I couldn't figure it out!).  I have since consulted our resident
E-Mail expert, and he basically said there was nothing I could do.  My only
other option is to send it to someone else to post (Chris G., is that ok
with you?).  I'm using Reflections 4.1 if anyone has any suggestions.

[I didn't mean to scare you off!  If you can't help it, you can't help it.
But it certainly looks thoroughly screwed up.  Duplicate headers and
everything.  How it came up with two different subject lines is rather
interesting.  Thoroughly busted.  Looks like, rather than using mail servers,
that the mail is being relayed between networks using user interfaces, hence
the multiple sets of headers.  We'll cope somehow...]

To Ethan & Ceili:

Poor little thing.  Tied up in twine!  Just goes to show you they'll get
into ANY and EVERYTHING.  Reading your story brought to mind a similar
incident I had with Tyler.  Now, Tyler is my second ferret, and I considered
myself quite experienced with the little kits (yeah, right!).  I had only
had him a week or two when we had the close call.

I swear, I only turned my back for a minute when Tyler got into the bathroom
trash can.  I came running as soon as I heard him making a mess.  What I
found was Tyler's little furry butt sticking out of an empty toilet paper
roll (remember he was tiny, and we all know how they like those tubes!).  He
was thrashing around trying to get free.  I hate to admit it, but it was
kind of a funny sight.  At first, I thought his predicament was a little
cute.  That is until I tried to pull the tube off, and I realized he was
really stuck.  He had forced himself forward trying to get out.  The harder
I tried to pull, the more he cried and thrashed.  PANIC!  I had to run find
the scissors and cut the stupid thing off of him.  By the time I got him
loose, he was very close to death.  Poor little guy, his chest was
restricted and he couldn't breathe!  His face was drenched (sweating,
drooling, crying, I don't know).  And he was gasping for air.  He'd pull in
a few breaths, and then close his eyes and not move or breathe or anything.
I was in tears.  I had to keep shaking him to keep him breating (maybe he
was passing out).  Luckily, like your story, it had a happy ending.

I no longer keep a trash can in the bathroom.  Even though I know both my
boys are probably too big to pull a stunt like that again, I still carry the
guilt.

So, for those of you bringing home baby fuzzies, there's something else for
you to ferret-proof.

Happy ferreting...Denise, Simon and Tyler