From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:21:56 -0400
I might have missed some in my replies.

Besides Hilbert and Mornie being in their final illnesses, and working
to treat a problem Hubble has we have human seniors in our family
running into some serious problems so Steve and I have been very busy
and I have been doing things like trashing mails and then emptying that
trash prematurely. So, don't think that your messages have not been
appreciate. It's just been a bit chaotic around here. (We are down
now to 5 seniors in the family, all of whom now have life threatening
problems with one -- an aunt of Steve's -- probably having the problems
under control, and the oldest -- my step-mother who will be 100 in 4
years -- having her serious health problems better under control than
the health problems of both of Steve's parents and my final remaining
aunt. So, we are in a difficult family patch again on that score.
Actually, two cousins of mine are seniors, too, since they are both
almost 70 but that does not seem possible.)

Again, thank you.

Hilbert's problem is a nasty infection with two bacterial invaders, so
he will need a month to 2 months of antibiotics. His urine specific
gravity does show that he had lost a lot of kidney function but not
enough to have actual renal insufficiency though he's not hugely above
that so that depends now on how fast he changes. His next insulinoma
blood work to see how long and how the latest increase in Prednisolone
holds him well enough will be in about a week and a half. Details for
those who are interested:

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/