From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 19:59:41 -0500
Hello, all!

I'm still catching up...

CHAT CHANNEL
Well, I tried it too.  I could read what had been written, so AOL'ers can
reach the address, but I could not seem to send or receive new messages
regardless of what I did with that darn "chat" button.  Sigh.

DEBI
I'm so proud of you!  Sometimes it takes alot of strength to decide to do
the right thing.  Please be sure that both you and the little guys are in a
safe place and that the authorities are notified.  Document everything.  I
know; I've been there.  Please keep us posted; we all care about your well
being very much.  If you need a friend, e-mail me any time.

WESTERN PA SHELTERS
Shawn, I'm from the Pittsburgh area (45 min.  northwest of the city), and I
can honestly say that I do not know of any shelters in the area.  You might
try calling the Ferret Fanciers Club, based in Pittsburgh (412-322-1161),
but I have not had alot of success with them.  Also try Tracy C.  McAlister,
Bridgeville PA, (412)-221-2314.  She is listed in Pam Grant's STAR Ferrets
list.  I myself am trying to gather together ferret-folks in the Pittsburgh
area to start an active, friendly ferret club.  If you or any of your
friends are interested, e-mail me!

JAVIER, ELI, and TOTO
I am glad to see that some folks more knowledgeable than I were able to
respond to your request for help.  I know how important our little fuzzy
guys can be in helping us through difficult times.  (My dad's best little
buddy, our dog Herman, helped him during his battle with leukemia.) I hope
that you have been able to contact one of these groups and put your minds
more at ease.  Please let me know if I can help in any way.  I wouldn't
want you to worry about your furry friend being homeless.  My heart goes
out to you.

DOOKING
And I thought that I was the only one.  When I first brought Paleface home
as a kit, he would dook in time with his walking; awww, adorable!  I even
dooked back at him.  One day, he abruptly stopped making any noise
whatsoever (except for occasionally screaming in his sleep, another matter
entirely).  Now he's something of a mute.  When he war-dances, he just makes
breathy little noises, still cute, but I miss his dooking.