From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:32:21 -0500
I remember when Nibble-ed was feeling pretty bad from a couple of
things, old age and getting old. She was losing weight but eating fine.
I could tell she was near her time. I was working in the kitchen and
Nib came over to where I was standing and rested her chin on my toes.
She never did that before. Next night she crossed the bridge.

Several ferrets would rest their chins on my arms as I held them,
Pester will do that and BEG to get into my arms where she will get calm
and just rest her chin on m arm as I hold her. Even if I stick my arm
into the cage she will come to me and just rest her chin on my arm.

This is very much ferret language, a ferret 'talking' to you. They are
saying "I love you, glad we are friends. I feel very comfortable with
you and just want to tell you that.". There are many things a ferret
will do to 'tell' you something or convey their thoughts. If you learn
ferret language you will see the vast array of 'words' they have, you
just need to learn their language where they simply do not learn ours.
Mental block I guess or maybe they are lysdexic, not sure which.

Pester will be loose about the house and come to find me here in the
computer room. She will stand on her hind legs leaning on my leg but
that is all she will do until I acknowledge her. She knows by the tone
of my voice that is ok and she kind of fakes trying to start the climb
up my pant leg. But if I reach down and put my hand on her head or on
her back she will use my hand as a platform to press her back against
while 'walking' up my pant leg. Then she will walk up my belly and to
my arms where she will get quiet as she rests her chin on me. She is
telling me she feels good about me, is comfortable with me, feels safe
with me, and she is just glad we are together. Ferret language.

Somehow this is standard language where I have had many do the same
thing. Now if I can just get Pester to stop going to those x rated
ferret sites ! Sheesh!

Gordon and Pester Doodle

sevenEnvelope