From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 12:28:08 -0500
I dunno if I am making a wrong accusation here, but I thought someone might
make a call on this and I wonder if something should be done.

My girlfriend went to the Henry Vilas Park and Zoo in Madison, Wisconsin.
We are the proud parents of two ferrets and we are hyper-sensitive when it
comes to their care, so I dunno if she or I are being paranoid about this.
But what she reported seeing to me at the Zoo was as follows:
Ferrets in Children's Zoo:
    -At least four(? more or less) in Cage about 6 feet by 2 feet
    -Pine Chips (no other bedding)
    -Wire front cage with roof, but sitting outside in 85 degree weather
     with high humidity and no water that she could see
    -They had Purina-One Cat food and some brown pellets (?) to eat
    -They had only two hollow logs as tubes to play in, but no other toys
    -She said she didn't think they were ever let out or played with.

If someone wants to check this out I would appreciate you telling me about
what happened or what you might have seen.  I would but am far too shy and
passive, and I dunno about my smarts when accusing someone of legal animal
rights violations.  However, my girlfriend said she felt very sorry for them
and that at very least, the pine chips are not a good idea.  I told her I
would post on here and see if someone had any ideas about handling the
situation.

Thank-you,

*** Mark A. Pendl **Conjunctivitis  Incorporated** [log in to unmask] ***
***                    http://www.uwm.edu/~spam                     ***