From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:31:32 -0700
A Bastille Day Basket

by Kouri

Did you know that one of my prediscessors participated in Bastille Day?
And had a basket besides?  No, not one of those that the hoomin heads
dripped into after a (quick) visit with Madam Gillotine.  That came
later in La Revolucion!

Any ways, my family history has it that it was a hot July day and all
the hoomins was riled up.  Since all da kommotion sounded like an excuse
for a picnic, me great (many times) grandamme puts together this basket
of ferret goodies.  All kinda treats and stuffs is in there!!

She gots together all us ferrets clan.  Some was huntin', cause that's
hows they hadda earn a living before we gots the hoomins trained well
enough to bring in da chow!

She had serveyed the clan, and decided to hold it at the local stir.  Der
was two reasons.  Da first was 'cause a lotta the clan worked there.  It
was an outstanding place to catch rats and mice.  Some really big uns
that'd feed a ferret family, complete with kits, fer a week!  The second
was 'cause she figured the hoomins would be celebrating elsewheres.  Boy,
was she mistook!

Da big basket was ready, da clan was gathered.  All the kits had their
hairs brushed and da momma ferrets had der best on.  Even mos' da hobs
bathed!  Really nice.  Then da shootin' started!

Sure enough, grat (many times) grand damme had tried ta picnic at da
Bastille!

Now da true contents of da basket which musta really been somethin' for
da story to be passed down this long, have been lost to history.  The
real contents was scattered tryin' to stay outa da line of fire!

So's now ya know why we're offering this basket up for rafflin' on my
website.  Da lucky winner ferrets will receive all the stuffs and da
proceeds will go to Support Our Shelters.

Hopefully dis won't be a one-time event like the stormin' of the Bastille.
Expect less shootin' too!

Kouri

July 14, 1789 was when the citizens of Paris stormed the Bastille.