From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:47:34 -0700
The next morning, the FLO agents all rose early and ate their breakfast
of Totally Ferret.  Then they searched high and low throughout the High
Sierras, where they were camped.  Several times, they had to run behind
rocks to avoid humans walking along trails.  Though they searched all
day long, they could not find the missing raisin.

As th sun was setting below their camp, Zipper said to the others, "I
have an idea.  Let s all sit in a circle and hold paws and concentrate
real hard on where that raisin might be."

So they all sat in a circle and clasped paws and thought real hard.  Some
of them prayed, each to the powers of the universe, which they called by
many names.

Suddenly, they heard a voice speaking in the dusk:

"If a raisin you wish to save
Best to look for it in a cave
In the governor s house is a cord
The cave is cold, though, mark my word."

"Say, I d know that voice anywhere!" exclaimed Zipper.  "That's my Auntie
Robin."

"That's my mom!" hollered Petey.

"But I don t see her," cried Tonx.

"Hmmmm, I wonder what that means," mused Stellina.

"You know, I think the next step is to go to the governor's mansion in
that capital city called Sacramento," advised Millie, a top-secret agent
who was sent to join the task group a day late to share her expertise.

"That's an excellent suggestion," said Zipper.  "Let's all get a good
night s sleep so we can get up super early tornorrow and head for
Sacramento."

After drinking the last of their hot chocolate and rinsing their cups
thoroughly so as not to attract bears, the FLO agents poured water on the
campfire until there were no more embers or smoke.  Then they crawled
into their tent, piled on top of each other, and drifted off to sleep.