From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:32:46 -0400
The faces at Ferret Wise say a BIG THANK YOU to Deva K. for her
wonderful donation of a Ferret Lovers Gift Basket AND Ferret Shoe Bed
that were auctioned off on ebay this week! The 2 items grossed $108
for the support of the hospice kids and programs at Ferret Wise!

We also would like to take a moment to Sincerely Thank April and the
folks at Performance Foods ( Totally Ferret) for their recent donation
of Senior Diet Totally Ferret Food which will greatly help us keep
these seniors healthy & happy.

Since being forced to retire the shelter June 1st due to the inability
to financially meet recent state mandated veterinary costs prior to
adoptions , licensing fees ( and new liability penalties set in place
by the state AG dept., post adoption), we DO continue to promote
education, run outreach education programs, while maintaining our
hospice residents.

Our hospice folks are aging-- have health issues which do not allow
them to volunteer or fund raise as they once could. Other hospice folks
are maintaining their full time work to keep a safe and warm place for
their groups of hospice ferrets to reside in..

However donations and income to Ferret Wise are at an ALL TIME low.
We are not able to print the newsletter $250.00, pay for the mailing
permit $180.00, or pay the mailing rates for the newsletter. ALL FRILLS
have had to be cut in order to continue basic medical care, cremation
services for lost residents and limited transportation for veterinary
and business appointments.

There are no funds for heating fuel, telephone bills, resale items
(fundraising) air conditioning, web hosting, etc. We certainly hope
that we can persevere the winter.... but only time will tell.

We do send a heartfelt thanks to those wonderful friends Deva and
Performanace Foods as well as our small contingency of shelter patrons
that still support us in ways they can... we surely would not be here
without you.

Alicia & the many faces of Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org