From:
Adrienne C Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 15:17:59 -0800
After reading other comments about intelligence and name recognition, I
decided I would defend my boys (I formerly said that Magnum knew his name
but didn't seem to care, and that Faux-Pas and Snafu don't seem to know them
at all.)

They are smart enough to respond to some things--they come running from
anywhere when the refridgerator door opens, if they are low on food or water
when we come home they magically appear, and if Magnum is lonely for one of
us, the sound of our voices will summon him to a lap.  I don't think they
are at all stupid, I think that most of the time they just don't care.  And
the females seem more responsive to sound than males, in our experience.

Adrienne, Barry and the loony-zoo