From:
Sandy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:28:34 -0500
What an adventure..  and bless everyone who logistically put this together
and donated their time, effort, supplies,etc..  each person can make such
a difference..

I have never seen so many carriers as the ones that Linda Soules unloaded
from the cargo van..  it almost seemed like she had to magically expand
the space to get them all in..  in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday
Linda, Winter, Nancy, Lydia, my wonderfully patient husband Michael, son
Joseph and myself went through and fed recaged and checked over a little
over 100 of the utah ferrets..  beautiful babies..  and most in pretty
good condition..

only had 6 in my bunch that needed extra attention..  dehydrated and black
tarry stools in a few and one with a very nasty toe infection.. and in the
51 that came south with me we only had two biters.. :)

we dropped our first 9 off at Salina KS... 2 to topeka, 6 to manhattan,
the little biter to Troy Lynn..  Frank was the angel that met us and
carried the little ones to their final destinations..

then it was down to Newton, Ks to drop off a group to their new homes with
Tina & Bitty..  and then as it was now after 9 on sunday night..  another
5 hour drive home to Lawton..

Unloaded the van and set them up in their temporary housing..  you know
that everyonce in a while you have ferrets that are just special..  there
are some very special ferrets in this bunch..  15 will be heading on to
Dallas..  and 15 more out west to Amarillo, Tx and the New mexico
connection..

There's Stumpy with only 1/2 a tail who's already bounced around the
main part of the house and fallen in the shower for an impromptu swim..
there's a beautiful butterscotch boy who is fluffy and fat and lays in
your arms and stares into your eyes..  there's the little dark eyed hite
girl who was so scared who laid in my arms this morning licking recipe off
of a spoon and then cuddled in a sleep sack..  there's a beautiful dark
silver who thinks that if he bites you'll put him down..  and he's with
another big beautiful very mellow butterscotch boy who gives great
kisses..  there are the three young ladies..  a perfectly matched step of
chocolate girls..  from petite to large..  with big beautiful eyes and
sweet dispositions..  there's the panda blaze boy and the albino female
pair who found the joy in a tunnel today..  there is a siamese boy who's
short of body and wide of face who looks like a little bear..  who dances
like there's no tomorrow..  there's a dark silver who hisses as he
bounces..  throwing himself in all directions..  there's the three older
spritely ladies..  just wanting to explore..  so thin and fragile but with
so much intelligence and spirit shining in their eyes..  each one so very
special in their own right..  each deserving for more than what they've
experienced in the past few weeks/months..

and boy..  can these kids eat..  i stayed home from work today and have
refilled bowls 4 times already..  they've all had recipe twice and those
with problems have been medicated..  it's amazing how much 36 ferrets can
eat..  but it's so good to see them happily crunching away!

These kids deserve to go to a home where they will be loved and played
with and have the attention they crave and deserve..  I pray that
wherever their homes eventually end up being that they settle in and have
a wonderful rest of their lives..

Thanks so much to everyone who put this together and helped rescue these
kids..  I'm so glad my family could help make these little ones lifes a
bit better..

Sandy, Mike & Joseph  & The Adams Family Ferrets