From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:27:06 -0400
Hello all, with the sad news of the 2 ferrets not being found and the
little dead ferret on the side of the road last Saturday, I thought I
would share some good news with you all.

Ontario's proposed Pit Bull ban is wrong in my opinion.  it's not the
dog, but the dog owners that should be held responsible.  The wrong Pit
Bull owners will just get Dobes or Rotts instead of the Pitts.  What's
next?  Ferrets?  Please see
http://www.petitiononline.com/newban2/petition.html to vote against the
ban.  Nuff said, off my soapbox now :)

The nice story involves 3 Pit Bulls and a tiny boy ferret.

Two nights ago, a Toronto man let his three Pit Bulls out for their late
night pee session.  On their return home, Treble, the oldest of the
three, had a tiny, half-frozen ferret in her mouth.  Treble nursed and
warmed the ferret for hours, not letting him out of her sight.  She
groomed him and followed him everywhere he went.  The other Pit Bulls
were curious and stayed close to the little ball of fur.

The dog's owner Sean, called me to ask for assistance and told me he
felt it was "fate" that Treble brought this ferret home and he was going
to do everything he could to give this ferret a good home.

Sean went out and bought tubes, tunnels, food and everything this ferret
could ever want.  He transformed his spare room into a ferret haven for
this little boy he called Hercules.  Sean did all of this in a
twenty-four hour span.  A hard feat, even for experienced ferret owners.
In the meantime, Treble and the other two Pit Bulls kept watchful and
mothering eyes on the tiny ferret.

Tonight, the little boy ferret's owner was found.  She is a young deaf
girl who is thankful that Treble, the Pit Bull found her beloved pet and
kept him safe and sound.

Now I ask you, do we often hear of NICE Pit Bull stories?  I think not.
I for one am glad that the Toronto Sun has picked up this story and it
will be in Friday's paper.  I urge you all to vote against this ban and
voice your opinion that IT IS NOT THE DOG, but the DOG's OWNER!

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>