Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:01:30 -0700
I have read the resent posts asking folks to join the California
legalization initiative.  They need 3000 members.

Went to their website for more info.

One thing I noticed, of the 112 members listed there, several names are
listed 3 and 4 times, and some members are not CA residents.

I also read the recent posts by Jeanne Carley here on the FML outlining
very clearly why this initiative would *not* be a good thing, and is
*not* supported by the folks that have been working long and hard to
legalize ferrets in California through the proper channels.

I'm not very savvy when it comes to political matters, but even I
understood why this latest effort would be a major setback, not something
that would help.

I have ferret friends in California.  The shelter here has several little
ferrets wearing black and white uniforms that were taken from their home.
I would love to see these ferrets have legal status and be able to go
home.

This site has what Jeanne Carley has to say about it, and why it is not
a good thing.
http://www.ferretsanonymous.com/

It appears to me, having read the latest info, that this initiative is
not the proper way to accomplish that goal.

Ardith
Reno, Nevada