From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:54:22 -0700
When I ordered from Jeffers on Monday, I was immediately asked what state
I was calling from.  This was odd.  I was then asked for all my customer
information.  When I tried to give them my customer ID number, she said
the database was being "recreated" and that no prior information existed.

The receptionist was very frank in saying that Dr. Jeffers left for lunch
on Wednesday (August 2nd) and didn't come back.  Everyone immediately
worried about the 80 year old gentleman.  But it seems that he flew to
Missouri and shut down the operation without notice!  The receptionist
said a lot of good people lost their jobs.

The result is that all orders will come out of the Alabama location.  The
impact is that shipments to those of us on the West Coast (according to the
rep) will be delayed.  The rep said they were running a couple days behind
schedule trying to pick up the Missouri orders.  She also indicated that
they are trying to figure out how to get vaccines to West Coast customers
since they don't want them to sit over the weekend (I thought that vaccines
had to be shipped by 1 or 2 day delivery anyway???).

Anyway, the rep asked me to let everyone know that the company is still in
business but that there had been "some changes".  I'd allow extra time for
all orders coming from Jeffers.

-Carla