From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:46:37 -0400
September is just around the corner. Troy Lynn's working weekend is
just around the corner. My e-Mail has changed so if you need to reach
me the new address is [log in to unmask]

Weekend Dates: September 26-28 2008

Bob Church invited us to a challenge to help TLE get some repairs done
to her older home. The dates have been chosen, the work that needs
doing is listed, a place to donate if you wish. If you can physically
Join the group to meet at TLE place in Wamego, KS in July then we need
your name, Contact information and the talent(s) you are bringing with
you for the fix it up weekend for TLE. i.e.: special skills you have
with tools, building knowledge, entertainment or even culinary skills
on camp stoves.

If you can not join the work crew; but want to participate/donate to
the cause; then items, checks, gift cards and/or money orders can be
sent to:

Gerri Himberger
202 Maplewood Dr
Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80907

If you choose Paypal that can be sent here:

TLE lives in a ferret house that also houses a human (you can see
Virtual pictures at www.ferretfamilyservices.org, so bring your tents,
Cots, campers, lounge chairs, and sleeping bags there is plenty of yard
to camp; when the work is done for the day. Are you musically inclined
a camp fire sing along sounds like fun. There are a couple motels in
town, one has a pool, for those that prefer the comforts of inside
sleeping.

These are some of the projects TLE needs done. Because of the change
in dates some of the more non-pressing repairs will be put on the back
burner.

Change door on outside enclosure and check panels to make sure they
are secure.

Half wall put up in the basement with half doors in two places, one to
the dirt side of the basement where the furnace and AC units are, and
one to the laundry/storage area, in place of the plywood panels to give
the ferrets a little more room, make it more secure, and make easier
access for me and repair people.

The basement rock wall leaks from cracks in the wall right where the
ferret's big quilt is and with the panels up I can't try to stop the
leak on the inside. The ferrets get down right testy when their
basement floods. Once the half wall is built and the panels removed if
anyone knows what we can use to seal the cracks that would be helpful.
There isn't a drain or sump pump in the basement. (When I bought the
house the previous owner said the basement DIDN'T leak as well as other
lies)

Caulking between floor boards in ceiling of basement

Painting in bedrooms and living room (I have the paint and I warn you
I'm not traditional)

Decorate the walls with painting ferrety stencils, clouds, rainbows,
butterflies, paw prints, whatever that will add to a relaxing
atmosphere. If anyone has any ferret designs we can paint on the walls
that would be wonderful. I have one stencil of our design. Paw prints
would be cute too. If you could do anything you wanted ferrety on your
walls, what would you like?

Replacing doorway worn and torn hallway floor tiles (I have the tiles)

Install ceiling fans

Change/fix outside light switch, fix inside outlet that doesn't work

Straighten and tighten chain link fence and secure to house

Paint the black floors(?) or tile the back bedroom floor to make it
easier to keep clean. I bought a mixture of tile designs that I found
on sale years ago. Did I say I was non-traditional???

The bathroom door Sheena chewed and scratched the wood on and on the
sink cabinet so sanding and painting those might be a project.

Shelves in the closets and on walls maybe

3/4's of the basement is dirt. It's a lot of wasted room. If anyone
knows how to shore up the dirt side of the basement and we can get
that done then I can start shoveling out dirt a bucket at a time to
eventually give more room to the ferrets. The upstairs literally sits
on blocks on the dirt to hold it up.

If anyone wants to come to help keep ferrets occupied, or serve the
workers by running errands to pick up supplies, cleaning up their mess
so they can move on to the next project, Watching to make sure the
ferrets don't get in the way, pick up food, drinks, etc, that would
work well so there will be things for people to do that don't have
building/remodeling skills if they want to come.

Possibly if I have one by then - putting a shed together

This is just a small part of what needs doing, so the challenge is on,
who is going join us to help TLE get her place in order for her and
her fur kids?

You can contact Brenda Johnson at [log in to unmask]
if you are interested in getting involved.