Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 16:51:11 -0800
alphachi wrote:
>However, if the purpose of your argument is to distract or obfuscate the
>real legitimate concerns that are the true focus of all this debate, then
>perhaps you should reconsider.

Actually, my intent was clarify, not obfuscate.  If MF is guilty of
mistreatment/abuse of ferrets, then so are we *all* to some degree.  It's
just a matter of where one draws the line.  Your line would put MF (and
most large breeders) out of business.

And you wonder why MF doesn't respond here...

>There is nothing extreme about requiring accountability from *any*
>commercial enterprise.

Um, you make it sound as though ferrets are like paper napkins, but I think
we both know things get a little more complicated than that.  You're asking
MF to account for the *ethical* standards of all animal-related business.
On what basis do you single them out?  Are they to be held to higher
standards, and if so, why?  Are your objections limited to euthanasia of
retired breeders and early neuter, or do they extend to the existence of
large breeders in general?  Assuming that the "product" will not change
other than the cost, what do you propose in return for the sacrifices you
ask?  Why should MF do business with you when you're suggesting unsound
business practices?

swamp

"Who, me officer? What's a ferut? These guys?? No, they're Polish cats."