From:
Deborah Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:29:29 EST
I need some information on older ferrets...please, anybody!

I have been ferret owned for about 3 years now, but never had one get
over 6.  My old guy has had a rough last 6 months, just finished w/bladder
infection.  Just recently I read here about Tiger and getting the shivers,
is this one of the signs of dying?  We just returned from FL.  which we
took our three fuzzies with us, but since returning, Maui has changed his
eating habits of wet,warmed TF occcasionally adding chicken gravy to it
also.  He has a small pencil head size sore on his spine that has dried
blood.  He has become voiceful, in the sense of Pain?  while sleeping or
adjusting positions with soft moans.  As I heard this last night I removed
him from his tent and just held him while he slept but this shivering
worried me.  He's never done that before in all the times I've held him
for hours.  What are some of the other things to look for if this is his
"time"?

I appreciate  any answers.
Thanks,
Debbie C.