From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 19:35:07 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

I know it was hard getting along without me, but I hope you all managed ok.
;-)

Actually managed to sneak down to Houston for a couple of days.  Just in
time for massive flooding.  It was a real test of courage to drive a Neon
rental where I couldn't see the road.  Didn't take on any water, and didn't
have to hoist sails, so it was ok.

Mid Missouri Maggie is going to remain.  For various reasons I have decided
to stay in Yankee land.  I will just have to talk some Cajuns into moving up
here and cooking for me I guess.

I stuffed myself with half and half (a plate of half fried crawdad tails and
half crawdad Etoufee for you Yankees out there).  Had lots of Mexican food.
Even had some hueavos rancheros.  Yum.

And just to make the Houston folk feel better, came back through St.  Louis
to the same kind of weather.  Oh well, at least I had practice driving in it.

The ferrets are not talking to me at the moment.  I am afraid it is going to
take some serious begging and bribery to get on their good side again.  Miss
Esmerelda wouldn't give me any kisses, so Mom is feeling very, very guilty.
I am sure they will take full advantage of it.

For those in Houston that I didn't get to see, I am so sorry but will be
back in a couple of months.  Just keep harrassing them for me, ok Bryan?

A Happy Maggie with the Mad Missouri Mustelids