From:
stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:45:59 -0500
This may sound a little strange but this is what my ferret is doing.
Maybe someone could shed some light on this strange occurrence.  My ferret,
Sylvester, recently had his spleen removed as it was extremely large.  No
cancer was found when it was checked out at the state lab.  The problem
lies in the fact that whenever he drinks water he acts like it is actually
hurting him!  He makes this gagging noise and shakes his head when he is
done.  This never happened before he was operated on and I also noticed his
appetite has significantly decreased.  I attributed this to the stress he
has been under after going thru such a major surgery.  Now the one thing I
noticed about him is that I can give him Ferretone and does not gag at all
on it.  He shows a great interest for his snacks and he acts like he is
hungry but snubs his food.  He goes back to the vet on Monday to have his
staples from his tummy removed.  Any ideas out there what could be causing
this weird behavior in my fuzzbutt???  --Diane--