From:
Aneen Mattson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 1996 12:17:06 -0600
Would you please post the following message for me?

My name is Aneen and I've only joined the FML recently.  I've never really
had a reason to post until now.  You see, I'm looking to adopt a ferret, and
there are no shelters in my hometown (there's one, but they don't have
ferrets), and no place from which I could buy one.  Recently, my most
beloved pet, my cat, is suffering and dying from kidney disease/failure.  My
heart is run through a meat processor to watch him suffer so.  He's so
listless.  And there's nothing I can do but watch him die and try to make it
easier for him.  We're likely going to have to end up putting him down
ourselves today or tomorrow, and that's really hard because we only found
out about it yesterday when he was taken to the vet.

My point is that I'm losing my best friend, and I'm looking for another one.
I can't imagine life without my cat, who is more than a cat to me.  I'm sure
some of you can relate this to your fuzzies' relationships with you.  At
this time, I was looking for a ferret, anyway, and now I would appreciate it
so much more if I could find one to help ease my loss in this time of
tragedy for me.  So please, maybe some of you out there know of someone who
has a ferret or ferrets for sale relatively inexpensively, and wouldn't mind
having them shipped to Gallup, New Mexico.  I have had ferrets before, but
when I moved, I was forced to give them up.  As I hadn't had them very long,
the loss was minimal--nothing compared to this; but I do know how to care
for them properly.  I don't have a lot of money right now, I just put out
for the vet bills, which is why I say "inexpensively," and by that I mean
$50, maybe $60 or $70 for the fuzzie.  I need one that is at least "fixed"
and descente!d.

Thanks in advance for your help, and for listening to me greive over my
precious cat.  I hope that someone will have what I'm looking for.

~A~