From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:06:07 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled Angel-Soft Shredders...

(Come on, Add-A-Kiss, you aren't rippin' that toilet paper up *near* fast
enough!)

>A: False. Some people have successfully trained their ferrets to use
>a litterbox, but they are the exception, not the rule. A ferret owner
>should be prepared to find ferret stools in corners and other
>unanticipated places."

Actually, it depends on greatly on a large number of factors.  My cat
thinks the only viable litter box is the great outdoors and will only
use an inside box in cases of extreme emergencies.

However, every ferret I have uses a litter box.  When they are out
playing, brief (and spectacular!) ferret tussles can result is some of
that oriental decorating material called "flung poo", but otherwise, they
all seek and deposit as required.  Even the two newest ones, Spaz-Brat
and Dancer (the artists formerly known as Crunch and Munch) have learned
what litter boxes are all about and make their required dispositions
accordingly.  I didn't even really teach them the facts, either.  I just
put in a little box that almost covered the entire floor of their cage
and over the course of about a week, it finally dawned on them what this
was all about!

Of course, there *is* a downside to all of this.  In order to service
every possible place where ferrets might play (and suddenly get the
"urge"), I have to scoop out eleven (yes, eleven!) litter boxes every
night, as well as wad up about half of a daily newspaper covered with
deposits.  There is no upside to cleaning up poop.  Short of teaching
them to use a toilet (and flushing afterwards...and getting everyone to
put the seat down when they are finished, so the cat won't try to drink
out of it!), you've gotta clean up after them.

Why can't they just have dirty socks to pick up?  Oh...right...*they *
pick up dirty socks and won't give them back!

Todd and the (where would you like *this* load, sir?) Fuzzbutt Rodeo
Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/