From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:13:32 -0800
Victory Hegedus <[log in to unmask]>
>Phanos has been presenting with some symptoms, yesterday he climbed into
>the cage 5 times over one hour to take a drink.  Then he climbed into his
>cage to go to sleep during playtime.  That is unusual.... he suddenly froze
>while in the middle of climbing the ramp... The vet suggest maybe a Urinary
>Tract Infection, or Diabetes, I am fearful it's insulinoma.  Any other tests
>a good idea to make sure he is ok?

I suggest a "fasting glucose test" (though no longer than 6 hour fast max!)
and an "insulin" test.  Based upon this information you gave, it does sound
like Insulinoma, if it turns out to be that, email me for further
suggestions for managing Phanos' symptoms for a longer, healthier life.

BTW, my vet tells me Diabetes in ferrets is very rare, so I would tend to
think it is unlikely in this case, but these tests will tell you.  A UTI is
a possibility.

Kisses to Phanos
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter