From:
Serena DeCastro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:18:23 -0700
I have been a subscriber to the FML for several years now, but this is
only the second time I have sent a post.  My little 3 year old panda
female Crockett has been graduallly losing her hair.  She always goes
bald seasonally on her belly, but this winter she lost all the hair on the
bottom of her tail and now she is losing it further up her stomach.  Last
week when I was giving her a bath I noticed it was starting to get thin on
her back as well.  Of course we went to the vet ( a very ferret-wise guy
who really likes fuzzbutts ).  He feels she is probably in the very early
stages of an adrenal tumor.  Since she acts fine and is nowhere near sick,
his advice was to wait until she is showing some more signs before doing
surgery.  He said at this point the tumor may be so small he couldn't even
see it.

I think my vet is probably right about the adrenal tumor.  I was wondering
if anyone knew of any other treatments I might try since she is in the very
early stages of the disease.  In every other way she is perfectly fine -
runs around creating havoc just like a normal ferret and keeps her two big
male buddies in line.  I know ferrets do very well with the surgery, I am
just interested in exploring the options.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

Serena & the wrecking crew: Crockett, Conan and Elvis.