From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:29:43 EDT
I live in a ground floor room and a colony of sugar ants has seen fit to
come in and raid my ferrets' food dish.  Since chemical sprays are out of
the question, someone told me that putting bay leaves around the area the
ants come in will chase them away.  Does anyone know if bay leaves are
toxic to ferrets?  I doubt my ferrets would actually eat the bay leaves but
I don't want to take any chances.  If anyone has other ferret-safe ways of
getting rid of sugar ants I'd be interested in hearing them.  This will be
the third time I've totally emptied the room and tried to get rid of the
ants but they come back as soon as the food dish comes back.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Laura Ellis