From:
Daniel LaForce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 23:53:05 -0000
>We made our first attempt to trim their nails the other night, and one of
>two things happened on the first nail, either I cut to close, or his nail
>'split', anyway, it bled a bit and panicked us both to no end.

The problem is you cut a vein.  You have to make sure to cut anything but
the clear nail part, but you will notice there is a part looks like a part
of a finger.  Thats most likely where you got to close.  I would recommend
not cutting more then the tips.  Those are your main concerns, and it won't
hurt the ferret.

>Bandit does not seem to like ferretone at all, while Rizzo laps it up,
>Bandit turns up her nose.  Is there something else we can bribe/reward her
>with that is similar?

You could try Linatone, its not as sweet (I tried a little, can't see how
they can like either :) ) but some rather it over ferretone.  Also
licorice/twizzlers is a good treat.  If she doesn't like either try one of
the ferret recipes people post on FML, many may prefer it over EVEN
ferretone.

Dan, 3 carpet sharks and Bonnie whom is visiting the Rainbow Bridge.