From:
pwebster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:38:00 +0100
I'm new to the FML and I'm English so this might have a bearing on the
following or not, and might make some enemys or not.

I must agree with Bob's comments on the cutesy mumsey wumsey type post that
appears on the list.  Ferrets are INTELLIGENT why should they be portrayed
as mentally challenged three year old humans with a speach impediment, to me
thats derogatory to the animals and also to their owners who write in this
baby talk.  I appreciate that ferrets can be surragate children and
personally would rather have a ferret than a child, but come on surely it
would be better all round if everbody could read whats on the FML without
having to cringe.  Yes I can skip the 'offending' articles and I always do,
my problem is that I would rather read what these furrey guys are getting up
to than have to skip what someone has obvously taken time and trouble to
write.

Paul Webster.