From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:59:54 -0400
April writes
>I am a little confused with the books.  How many ferret books are out
>and available?  How many will there be total (if anyone knows)?  and What
>order do the books read?  As I said, I've only gotten one book thus far
>and am just curious as to the reading order and how many.  Also, is there
>anyway to figure out the alphabet for this 'ferret language'.

There are two just released, Air Ferrets Aloft and Rescue Ferrets at Sea.
(I also just got Air Ferrets yesterday, and Rescue Ferrets arrived today!)
I believe another one, Writer Ferrets Chasing the Muse, is due in October,
and more are on the way.  How many there will be depends I suppose, on how
well they sell.  According to the article on Richard Bach in the latest
Ferrets magazine, he has ideas for dozens for stories.

The alphabet for the ferret language, Ferrune, looks like a simple letter
for letter translation.  The fable at the beginning of the book is written
in both Ferrune and English, so it should be pretty easy to work out a
code translator.  Once this is done, the dedication, written only in
Ferrune, can be translated.

By the way, there will be a live chat with Richard Bach at
http://www.simonsays.com on June 25th 7-9pm EST.  There are also Ferret
Chronicle screensavers on that site, but they seem to be Windows only. :-(

Linda Iroff

"We are led, when we share our loves, to an enchanted life of inner
happiness, which unsharing others cannot know."
                   --Antonius Ferret, Fables