From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:19:04 -0500
Kristine wrote:
>I'm still trying to figure out how to get them some dirt to play in
>without making a mess.  Suggestions?

I put dirt in a box or tray and then put that inside a larger box.  Works
pretty well.  Mine also like to dig in stove chow (wood pellets) which is
very clean (well, unless you use it for litter :-).
***

Obscure ferret reference:
Last night the movie "Quiz Show" was on tv.  When they asked the NBC
president if he knew that the show was rigged, he said something about
wanting to "ferret out the corruption" (ha!) even though he knew the show
was fixed.  Good movie, about the 50s quiz show "Twenty-one," back when
people were surprised to find out that tv could be used to dupe people.
***

Speaking of stupid people, maybe this Doug Clark guy
<http://www.VirtuallyNW.com/stories/1997/Dec/30/S325819.asp>
should be left alone in a room with the Calif F&G idiots.  Their combined IQ
would be less than any one of my ferrets, easily.  I think Doug Clark
probably enjoys getting people all riled up.  My personal opinion is that
letters to the editor shouldn't stoop to his level but should present
well-thought out opinions (see some of his other moronic articles, this guy
must pay someone to let him write for a newspaper).

And if there is still a doubt in any one's mind as to the intelligence
(i.e., lack of) of Calif F&G, check out the excellent Calif for Ferret
Legalization website at http://www.ferretnews.org/ and read the
misinformation of the week section.  The Calif F&G has been the enemy of all
animals, not just ferrets, for many years.  In my opinion, these guys are
real losers.

And on a brighter note, this is one of my favorite quotes...
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change
the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Wishing everyone and their ferrets a happy new year,
Ronnie and
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne & Petunia