From:
Nancy Maclean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:05:06 -0700
Hi! I'm new to this list.

Four days ago, I bought a 3 month old male ferret. He's the cutest thing in
the world, but he has a nasty habit of biting everybody ALL THE TIME! When I
let him out, I have to make sure that I'm wearing jeans and boots so that he
won't be able to get at me. He won't let me pick him up or touch him unless
he's sleeping. Maybe he just needs time to get used to me, but I can't give
him a bath or cut his nails until he stops biting.

I've heard that spraying bitter apple on your hands will prevent this. Can I
get that at a pet store?

Any suggestions on how to get him to stop will be most helpful.

Thank you,

Nancy
(and Jerry)